Saturday, 26 January 2008

Aargh - Shopping !


Just home after spending 3 hours in a large shopping centre today. Bought a book - didn't set out for that.

God, I hate shopping centres at the best of times but when they're busy then ..............

Today was busy! Traipsing round shops looking at whatever is being looked at is not for me but that I can just about put with. What I cannot hack is the walking: not that I dislike walking. If only I could walk but it's all slow, stop, start, bump, bore - endlessly. It's as though I am the only person who knows where they are going. I'm on a mission. Everyone else seems to drift. All I want to do is walk to where I'm going at my speed. Doesn't seem too much to ask but the Brownian motion of others foils me. They're the problem, not me. I hate them. Definitely nothing wrong with me!

Right, now that I've got that off my chest. I enjoyed today. No, I didn't. Well, I laughed when I saw a pink stretch limo stuck in a multi-storey car park. 90degree bends, tight corners. There was no escape unless they could move lots of cars. I wanted to see the escape but I was so desperate to get back shopping that I had to leave. Now I'll never know.

1 comment:

  1. Husband has the same problem and so do I to a certain extent. Obviously I never suddenly veer off to the side because I've spotted something interesting. I am very single-minded; I expect you can tell from my blog ...

    ReplyDelete