Monday, 28 January 2008

Suharto: On Our Knees and Beg Forgiveness

I have no time to post today but I refer you to an article in today's Guardian by John Pilger which describes briefly the west's shameful involvement in the brutal murder of the East Timorese by Indonesian troops.

For a fuller description of the British role read Chapter 21 in Mark Curtis' excellent book - Web of Deceit.

In one of my first posts I wrote about values as follows:

"Until death matters

Until truth matters

Until justice matters

Let us not proclaim our values

Let us get down on our knees and beg forgiveness
"


I could have written this about UK involvement with Suharto. Our knees should be aching.

2 comments:

  1. Jeremy

    Do you have a problem with Mr Pilger?

    What do you dispute in his article?

    ReplyDelete