Friday, 27 June 2008

Where Did Today Come From?

Out of nowhere my blog has had its second 100 visitor day and the odds are that this will be my best ever day. The turnaround had nothing to do with my campaign nor with any recent post but with a 15 month old post - only my eighth post as a blogger.

Firstly Tim Ireland picked up on a post (by Slugger O'Toole) about a Belfast blogger arrested twice because he had named public officials whose actions he questioned. Tim then linked to
a post I wrote in March 2007 about lawyer Timothy Lawsson-Cruttenden who was an acknowledged expert in using The Protection from Harrassment Act 1997. My post also links to a follow-up on the very next day.

Then Slugger O'Toole linked to me in two posts (here and here).

UPDATE I have just noticed - fool - that I wrote 3 posts on this subject. The first post - not linked to by Tim or Slugger - is here Scary!!!


The rest is my best ever day and still time for a few more.

I shouldn't make too much of my visitor numbers because the underlying issues are very important.


6 comments:

  1. I needed a concise reference point that told the Timothy Lawson-Cruttenden quickly and linked to at least one other article. You had it, so I linked to it.

    Thank you.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that told the Timothy Lawson-Cruttenden story/scam/tv-movie-of-the-week quickly

    /FTFM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that is good, you could get some new regulars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Good bloggers will get their day - eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I hope you gain new regular readers from the increased visits.

    ReplyDelete