Thursday, 17 July 2008

Bloghounds Target Met Already!

Bloghounds says to its bloggers, "[bloggers] most importantly would make a genuine attempt to link to fellow members at least once a week."

Now I'm not very good at linking to other blogs: newspapers are fine but blogs only rarely. But now once a week! This will be a strain. But things got worse, much worse. The first Bloghounds visit I made was to Blaney's Blarney. (Well that's my one link done for the week! Target met.)

Christ! We couldn't be further apart in politics, content or style. I'll never find a link here. He's far too "in your face". I say "he" but I know nothing of Donal Blaney and given that so much in the blogosphere is not what it seems I guess Blaney could be an apparently genteel old lady sitting at home sipping her tea and hammering away at the keys. For that matter, with my name - Calum Carr, which all readers know is my actual name!? - I could be the father of that well-known comedian / comic / TV personality - and I use these words loosely - Jimmy Carr. No, that's just too far-fetched. Some family secrets one doesn't dare even hint at.

Anyway I digress.

I just couldn't imagine ever finding common ground but ..... wait ...... what's this ..... YES!!! A miracle!! Both of us taking a similar stand on the suggestions that Ireland votes again on the EU Treaty - Donal - a second link in one week - and me.

Doesn't this just go to show that the world has always one surprise left!

7 comments:

  1. Calum, you have to know you're very very welcome and what you refer to here - the diversity - has spawned a real atmosphere in Bloghounds already, to the extent that I was slapped over the wrist [quite rightly] over you and there is a real desire for everyone to get on. Of course we do as we wish on our blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our ability to engage with those with whom we disagree is a defining quality of intellect and character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd hate for everyone to agree with me. It'd be very dull indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done :-)

    I still haven't met my target ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calum,

    Donal is a bloke, a very good blogger and usually right. He must be - he's a Tory.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daily Ref

    I know, and knew, that Donal is male and Tory. For the rest I need to read more of his blog. Agreeing on 2 points out of 4 and leaving the other 2 open is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Bloghounds, Calum. I think you are going to enjoy the challenge!

    ReplyDelete