Sunday, 19 October 2008

Nothing Really Matters ....

"Nothing really matters, Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the wind blows"

 

For some reason, a few minutes ago, these lyrics popped into my head.  A very rare occurrence this: swear words often float in but not lyrics.

But why these particular words?

What do they mean?

Need they mean anything?

Why now?

 

I don't know.  I really don't.

I do believe they have some direct relevance; that they didn't just appear randomly ...... but what?

 

The words don't reflect my reality: so much matters.

Perhaps I feel that too much matters to me and the words are a message to focus on less.

Perhaps I should forget all about the words and get on with what does matter.

But I am intrigued ....... which is always bad news because it means I will continue to think.

But I can't ever know and this is truly trivial.

Let it go, Calum.

OK .... but ....

8 comments:

  1. I'm afraid everything sparks of lyrics in my head - frequently doggerel set to music. My wee grand-daughter had hiccups yesterday, and that set me off singing "Three Wheels on my Wagon"! Anyone remember that?
    "Hickety hacherty hockerty hi, pioneers they never say die" Etcetera.
    I'm sure you didn't want to know that, but why should I suffer alone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. D

    Yes I remember that. Well actually I knew it but hadn't thought or heard it for years until you bloody mentioned it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah three wheels on my wagon.. A favourite of Ed Stewart and junior choice?

    Me I always have lyrics popping into my head and staying there for ages, driving me to distraction in teh process...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am going to have the three wheels on my wagon going round in my head!!

    It usually something I hear on the radio as I wake up in the morning that sticks in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The discussion in the comment section has been so distracting that I have forgotten what I was going to say.
    Sorting out what really matters from what one should just let wash over one is a fine art that not many of us are very good at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dangerous mindset at a dangerous time, Calum. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I see you have Queen in your labels. I recognised the lyrics but couldn't identify them till I saw that.

    Give me oil in my lamp keep me burning - we sing that in prison often and it haunts me for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and the poignant: Anyway, the wind blows. ... that could say life still goes on and no one cares.

    I agree with Fred tho' with "Sometimes wish I had never been born at all" followed by the powerful solo by Dr May Phd.
    then you can stone me and spit in my eye.

    ReplyDelete