Monday, 29 December 2008

Raised Up – A Little

After the desperate lowness of the last few days I’ve been lifted somewhat by the help of a wonderful friend.  I found this track and listened over and over.

Not the most powerful version, but must be one of the most beautiful, of “You Raise Me Up”.  Enjoy Celtic Woman.

You Raise Me Up

“When I am down, and oh my soul so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me.


You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.”

Lyrics:  Brendan Graham

God, how I wish I had written these simple but magical words.

3 comments:

  1. The lyrics are so beautiful and uplifting.

    I am so glad your friend could help you feel uplifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we raised you up a little too. :)

    ReplyDelete