Thursday, 28 January 2010

Blow Me!

Incredible!  Surely this story can’t be true.

The headline in today’s Scottish Daily Record says:

Motorist receives £50 on the spot fine .. for blowing his nose in stationary car

The story goes on:

‘…. was driving in nearby Ayr and suffering from a runny nose when he got stuck in the traffic jam.  He said: "I needed to blow my nose so I put my handbrake on and took the car out of gear.  "I noticed four police officers standing around near the Wallace Tower but I didn't think anything of it. Then one of them waved me over.  "I still had the tissue in my hand and was totally stunned when he said I was getting a fixed penalty notice for not being in control of my car.”

Michael said: "I thought it was some kind of Beadle's About moment - a wind-up. The traffic was at a complete standstill and I had my handbrake on.  "I tried to explain that to the officer but he wouldn't listen." ‘

The driver is refusing to pay the fine and he will have his day in court.

Surely there must be more to the case than meets the eye. 

Possibly not ….. because there is more and it gets worse.

The report goes on:

“The incident happened just after PC Gray [who fined the driver above] doled out a £50 fine for littering to unemployed Stewart Smith, who accidentally dropped a tenner out his pocket as he left a shop.”

Incredible!  Surely this story can’t be true.

“Last night, a source said: "Total nonsense like this is the very opposite of good policing. This officer is known as PC Shiny Buttons for his lack of a common sense approach to the job.”

PC Gray is making a mockery of police and policing but is he being disciplined?  I doubt it.   The sledging policeman from Oxford – who was disciplined - was doing a much better job of policing than PC Stuart Gray.

In case you have forgotten Superintendent Andrew Murray of Thames Valley police said, "

"I have spoken to the officers concerned and reminded them in no uncertain terms that tobogganing on duty, on police equipment and at taxpayers' expense is a very bad idea should they wish to progress under my command,"

PC Gray and Superintendent Murray are complete plonkers with a total absence of common sense. 

They’ll go far.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. That does sound like utter nonsense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is true but the policeman is "an utter fool" or "a nutter fool".

    ReplyDelete