Thursday, 7 January 2010

Enough!

I’ve had enough of the cold and snow and so for today, at least, this blog will not acknowledge the cold whiteness outside nor even any newsworthy events from today.  Instead I’ll post some pics of wildlife enjoying the Devon sunshine of summer 2006.

RIMG0104

A lovely little chaffinch enjoys crumbs on the carpet of our static caravan.

A more unusual visitor next who gets two pics.

RIMG0159

and

RIMG0160

This is a Rosy Footman moth with both pics taken just outside our caravan.  In the lower photo it is on the lace of one of my trainers.

If my memory serves me right this was a scorching summer which  was far too hot to enjoy: a bit like the current weather which is far too cold to enjoy. The wildlife was happy though.

7 comments:

  1. Tis beautiful but I can never get enough of the snow and cold. I'm not even in my winter gear yet - when does it start getting cold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I hate snow. Well snow's okay but when it gets compacted to ice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The wildlife was happy though."...

    Well, the chaffinch would be, once it had eaten the moth :) Nature always has to go and spoil the joy it creates, I find. It is, as I like to say "an even deal" (though it might not seem that way to the moths).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew

    I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is very warming for a chilly day and night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew,

    I don't know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she'll die.

    ReplyDelete