Saturday, 16 January 2010

More Black Birds

After yesterday’s “Hot Birds” a few more pics this time, as the title says, of black birds.

Firstly we see three photos of black guillemots each taken from the Corran in Oban. 

P1000153 P1000152-1

The young were in drain outlets in the sea wall.  In the pic below the young is in the drain waiting for its parent to return.  I tried and tried to get a photo of the young bird with its beak open to reveal the bright red inside – same colour as their legs -  but failed.  This is the best I could get.

P1000154 

I finish with a photo of a black swan taken at the now closed Rare Breeds Park, near Oban.

RIMG0069

3 comments:

  1. That picture you call a failure is a fantastic photo, even if it wasn't the shot you were trying to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried and tried to get a photo of the young bird with its beak open to reveal the bright red inside

    Did you ask him nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really what happened was that younger child kept running up to me whilst I was poised and either the bird flew or else I had missed the moment

    ReplyDelete