Friday, 22 January 2010

Shuttle

I wrote this poem 19 years ago now whilst holed up on the tarmac inside a Heathrow to Edinburgh BA Shuttle flight.  I couldn’t hack delays or queuing and this particular day the words flew faster than the plane.

I may have posted this before: can’t remember.

SHUTTLE

I'm churning, turning and bubbling inside
I'm late, I'm delayed  -  the anger I can't hide
My heart is thumping, rushing and pumping away
My mind is racing and twisting about the delay

I want to be quiet and peaceful inside
Then I'll be free with nothing to hide
Free to be nothing or everything around
Free to be peaceful  -  letting love abound

Let the mind-game manoeuvres all come to an end
Let stillness  -  yes stillness  -  grow in me
Then peace, and love and rightness will be
All around me, all in me  -  now till the end

The end never ending
The start ever starting
Just life as life is
Just love as love is

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry you're hurting. Been there ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painful to witness, but beautifully well said. I hope things are better now...

    ReplyDelete