Sunday, 21 February 2010

Day’s End, Day’s Start

Why is there never a gap between one day’s ending and the next’s beginning?  Don’t say it’s sleep because I’m here not asleep. 

A little break of a few minutes, a few hours, 23 hours or even, sometimes, 24 hours would be marvellous.

A break from everything around. A break just to be …. whatever we needed in that moment or, more accurately, to be …. whatever I needed in that moment.

A pause button on life.  Not a rewind nor a fast forward but simply a pause.  God, I could do with one of these.

It’s not to be though. 

The only pause is the long one that comes right at the end of life and I’m not quite ready for that.

5 comments:

  1. Some claim to find that in meditation Calum, or prayer. Closest I ever get to it is a nice cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe there is anything like a pause button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a very good idea to me. But as you say, not for the moment. These times do pass though and we look back and wonder how we did it. Just by taking one step at a time and trying to find some good in each moment.

    Hang tough Calum. Sending a virtual hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JMB Thanks! Received with great pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As to the struggling from your most recent post. You and me both. Hang on in there xxx

    ReplyDelete