Saturday, 20 February 2010

Helicopter Rescue in Edinburgh

A few days ago I was lucky (unlucky) enough to witness the rescue by helicopter of an Edinburgh car driver!

I had never expected to see such a scene but ….. Och just get on with the story.

I was in town and heard an incredible roaring – turned out to be a helicopter hovering; the winch-man was lowered, the driver attached somehow, the two lifted and then the driver lowered to safety on the nearby pavement.

Was it an exercise?

No!

Click here to see my amazing photo!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry!

    A poor story I know .... but .... you should know me by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would need a bus to get to the path from there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Dundee they say "If you can walk away from it, it's parked!"

    ReplyDelete