Monday, 15 February 2010

Trafigura: No Documents Received

Trafigura has not sent me either of the documents I requested despite their stating that each was available on request.

The only reply Trafigura has sent me was on 29 January which said that they would get back to me in due course.  Despite several emails from me since then they have chosen not to make contact.

I had expected a couple of pdf files would wing their way to me within a few hours of my request but the path between Trafigura and me was decidedly asymmetric: I sent emails; they made no reply (other than once).

I find to hard to believe that a company would not readily release documents which support their position or actions but the decision to release or not is theirs to make.

I will have more to say about this during today and  tomorrow.

___________

For the record the two documents I asked for were:

- WSP environmental audit in and around Abidjan
- Trafigura Reply in BBC libel case

No comments:

Post a Comment