Tuesday, 9 March 2010

Insulation

I had a surprise ring at the front door this morning.  I had forgotten that we were getting cavity wall insulation done today on the cheap not that it was a cheap job.  We took advantage of a government scheme – I imagine it is UK-wide but could be only Scottish – to have this done at about 5  -10% of the full cost.

Apart from a glass vase falling from a shelf from the vibration of the drilling of the outside wall all went well.  We should be warmer for less now.

Finally I come to the reason for this post. 

Of course, I don’t need any additional insulation to keep warm!  I already have mine – FAT!

8 comments:

  1. Sadly I am far too well insulated these days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine it is UK-wide but could be only Scottish – to have this done at about 5 -10% of the full cost.

    I'd say Scottish. We don't get government schemes down here to help us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Och, James!

    You need your own Parliament!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can confirm it is nation wide I had someone phone me up about it today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will need you heating on in the summer. Insulation works both ways you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't think so. Despite being fat I get very hot in the summer without any additional heating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And of course you could always open the windows to let the heat in during the summer months ;-)

    ReplyDelete