Wednesday, 7 April 2010

Heaven’s Pipers

Two fabulous pipers, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan, who don’t look like angels but play as though they are.

In this clip they’re appearing at a Festival in Brittany, Keenan (hat) with Tommy O’Sullivan on guitar and Morrison (long hair) as a surprise guest.  I have no idea what tunes they are playing but their virtuosity is clear.  I know this won’t be everyone’s taste but  ….. this blog reflects my taste. 

If you enjoy this then I’m delighted but if you don’t keep checking because some day your music will be here.

5 comments:

  1. ... half way through before I noticed that Morrison is playing Northumbrian pipes

    is there anywhere that doesn't have a version of bagpipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you back blogging again. I've missed you. (OT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that should read 'rielouise'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rielouise Glad to see you. keep popping over. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to think that pipes were exclusively Scottish. How wrong!

    ReplyDelete