Friday, 25 June 2010

Oh No! Highland Show!

Saturday sees our annual pilgrimage to The Royal Highland Show on the outskirts of Edinburgh adjacent to Edinburgh Airport.

We always have a good day but ….. I always end up on my last legs. And tonight I’m already there: legs crying out “STOP!”. 

What chance have I of surviving a day wandering round exhibit after exhibit, seeing what seems like every horse and pony in stables and stuffing my face with food freebies?

No chance at all but, despite that I’ll be here tomorrow to tell you ALL about it.

2 comments:

  1. I never went to the Highland Show, but went to some of the regional shows. They are popular here in Australia, where I particularly like the wood chopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean.
    My one and only visit to the show many years ago left me with leaden legs and sore feet
    :(

    it was a good day out in spite of that
    :)

    ReplyDelete