Tomorrow, Friday 23 July, is the day judgment will be passed on the case in Amsterdam involving Trafigura, Amsterdam Port Services, the city of Amsterdam, the captain of the Probo Koala and Naeem Ahmed - a Trafigura employee.
The prosecutor demanded the following sentences:
- 2 million euro fine against Trafigura
- 250k euro fine against Amsterdam Port Services (APS)
- 150k euro fine for the city of Amsterdam
- 1 year prison sentences for Trafigura’s Naeem Ahmed
- 6 months (3 on probation) for an APS director
- 4 months in jail for the captain of the Probo Koala
What will be the outcome?
We don’t have to wait much longer.