Thursday, 9 September 2010

Trafigura: Up to Old Tricks

….. of ignoring emails.

Yes, I know it’s not the biggest crime in the world but for a company which has had such a bad press I’d have thought that Trafigura would be polite and respectful, at least. 

Unfortunately, as far as I’m concerned, they have been far from this.

Two weeks ago (26 August) I emailed asking them again for three reports which I had originally requested more than 4 months previously and still …. NOTHING has come back.  This is their standard response to my emails (not all though).

I’m a small blogger (in visitors if not in girth!) and, perhaps, they feel they can ignore me.  Perhaps all would get the same treatment, I don’t know.

I do know, though, that each time they treat me in this shabby way Trafigura’s battered reputation has another small dent. 

If Trafigura continue to ignore me then sometime soon their reputation might be so rusted that Claude Dauphin’s waste disposal company will have to take it away and bury it. 

Some might argue that their reputation is in that state already.

__________

 

Below is my post of 26 August

“I sent this email to Trafigura’s media office:

Dear Sirs

More than four months ago you were kind enough to send me a copy of the Summary Report of an environmental audit  produced by WSP.   Unfortunately this contained little detail and little new information and so I asked that you send me copies of the three constituent reports.

-   Works in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Volume 1 – Exploratory Investigation Report, referenced 12024964-001 and dated April 2009;
-   Works in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Volume 2 – A Contextual Assessment, referenced 12024964-002 and dated April 2009; and,
-   Works in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, Volume 3 – Follow-up Investigation, referenced 12024964-003 and dated July 2009

That you have not done so baffles me.  Clearly, these reports contain information supportive of your stance and there can be no reason for them not to be made public.  Once again I ask that you forward these three reports to me at this address so that I can put them into the public domain.  You might want to take the different option of making them available on your website.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards

CalumCarr

I am holding my breath until they reply!

Interestingly I received an instant Out-of-Office auto-reply from a Bell-Pottinger employee although the message was sent only to Trafigura.

Also of interest is that I sent two more test emails to Trafigura but got no auto-reply from Bell-Pottinger.  Is there so little in my life that I have the time to play these little games?”

2 comments:

  1. But I am glad you are keeping up the pressure. There are times that the pebble starts the avalanche!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and thanks, Jams, I'll keep going doing my little bit to open them up but I fear interest is fading.

    ReplyDelete