Sunday, 17 October 2010

Blog Seriously Ill but Stable

This blog has come through a crisis: death was close. Below are the last 4 lines of this blog’s death post. 

The entire death post nearly appeared but didn’t.

NoMore2

This blog is still alive.

Fortunately death was averted this time: survival is likely but only with changes at my end which most of you – the few of you left – may hardly notice.

What will remain the same?

Whenever I can I’ll post “Music in the Morning” and “Sunday Morning Coffee”.  At least this will keep a few passing through the doors to see how I am (the blog is).

The same goes for Trafigura.

Occasionally something else - for example poetry - might attract me.

 

If this is the same what will be different?

I will not post anything personal.

If I have nothing to post I will not go looking.

I will read blogs on Google Reader but visit only rarely and comment less often.

I will not obsess about my paltry stats.

If my condition improves then eventually I will open out a little.

I know my visitor numbers will plummet to the nano range but my only other option is to switch off. I want to switch off but yet I don’t.  I want desperately to get past the 1 year mark with the “Sunday Morning etc”. 

Time will tell where this blog goes.

10 comments:

  1. The most important thing is that you look after yourself. Blogging the things you are comfortable with as you stated above should be therapeutic.

    I really do hope you feel better soon, my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you (as always) for the Music Posts. You are in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your music post have opened me up to a lot of good musical stuff. As the agnostic Kurt Vonnegut once wrote, " If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:

    THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
    FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
    WAS MUSIC."

    You keep my faith going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all.

    Anonymous: I think your ISP is Cebridge Connections. I've noticed your visits. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be so sorry to see you finish blogging Calum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for noticing, Calum. Cebridge Connections is now known as Suddenlink. I looked it up as I listened to Natalie Merchant's song, "Frozen Charlotte" for about the 20th time since you posted it. Great song, my man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't go Calum!

    ReplyDelete