Thursday, 21 October 2010

Nadine Dorries: Fact or Fiction

I think I’m correct in saying that Nadine Dorries is a fact: she exists.  It’s hard to be sure though because she has admitted to the Parliamentary Commissioner for Standards that:

“My blog is 70% fiction and 30% fact. It is written as a tool to enable my constituents to know me better and to reassure them of my commitment to Mid Bedfordshire. I rely heavily on poetic licence and frequently replace one place name/event/fact with another.”

[For the background to this reads Tim Ireland at Bloggerheads.]

Given the 70:30 fiction: fact ratio on her blog – she admits to blogging mainly fiction -  I wonder how much of this post is true.

Cleared


Posted Thursday, 21 October 2010 at 16:12


After a fifteen month ordeal, it was a delighted for my family to have been cleared by the standards commissioner today.

Everyone is getting very excited about my comments regarding my blog. Not that it had anything to do with the complaint lodged by the BNP.
My blog conceals IDs, times, dates, and is often out of synch.

This is because I have had more than my fair share of inappropriate attention to deal with
For example - when I do blog exactly where I am going to be - we find ourselves having to deal with some very strange and un invited people.

I suppose if any of my blog were truly fiction, I could call myself a journalist.

The fiction, in terms of locations etc, is done to protect my family and staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment