Sunday, 31 October 2010

Sunday Morning Coffee Extra – More Mark O’Connor

This is only the second time I’ve put on an Extra show and the second time that it features a violinist.  Itzhak Perlman was the first and here we have more Mark O’Connor. [The original show about Mark is here]

There are only two videos, the first being a 10 minute jazz piece and the second an 82 minute video from Mark’s website which is fantastic.  I can’t praise this highly enough.

_____

 

Sweet Georgia Brown
Mark O’Connor, Frank Vignola and the Wynton Marsalis Quintet

This didn’t make the show only because I wanted to finish the show with a video of three tunes including this one.

This is where I first came across Wynton Marsalis and he has featured already on Music in the Morning.

_____

 

The second video is taken from a concert in which Mark and the students of Berklee College of Music play a range of music – both traditional and Mark’s own compositions.  Don’t be put off by the fact that it is students playing: they are brilliant.

Remember this is 1h and 22 minutes long but if you like Mark and his music you’ll love this even if it takes you many visits to finish the whole concert.  If I had watched this video in time I would have edited it into manageable pieces. 

Enjoy these magical performances!

 

Did you make it to the end?  Well done!  I told you it was fabulous.

_____

That’s the end now.  I hope you’ve had a great time with Mark and his music.

Until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment