Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Start of a New “Career” or the End of a Dream

I take my first step into poetry in public this Friday evening at an open mic session.  I’m third on.  God, I’m nervous but looking forward to my short session. 

Through a friend I’ve had an experienced performance poet look at my poems and his comments have given me great advice and confidence.

Now, if only I can make arrangements for my kids to be looked after, then I’ll be there!

I’ll update you …… provided I survive.

Survive?  I’m going to bloody thrive there! …………………………

……………. I hope.

5 comments:

  1. Dram or two before you recite your masterpiece and you will be carried out shoulder high to loud acclaim!

    will there be a video of your performance for us to enjoy?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO drink!! I'll be driving but would be TT even if using my bus pass.

    There better not be a bloody video!!!!

    I will tell you truthfully how I get one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Calum. My words of praise are always for the one who tries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you will enjoy the occasion greatly, good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. I am sure it will be a great experience

    ReplyDelete