Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Very, Very Occasionally - Moon

 

Slightly under the weather today, been sitting at pc most of day and so two posts in two days.

Two great songwriters with their versions of the moon.

 

First up is Jimmy Webb, the writer of many classics such as Up, Up and Away, By the Time I Get to Phoenix, Wichita Lineman, Galveston, and MacArthur Park.

The Moon’s a Harsh Mistress                                                    Jimmy Webb

 

Readers will know I’m a fan and won’t be surprised to find another from Tom Waits.

Grapefruit Moon                                                                            Tom Waits

6 comments:

  1. you are tempted to return, aren't you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JD

    No!

    But I am slipping back slow into the rut where I spend more and more time at the pc. As a result I post more often.

    I will get out of this rut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very enjoyable, Calum. Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claude

    You're very welcome as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ach Calum, a man should enjoy the rutting season while he can (although I thought that was meant to be springtime).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm far too old for rutting.

    "I know my place" .... as Ronnie Corbett used to say many many years ago.

    ReplyDelete