Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Trafigura: Not the Whole Truth - Update to Nos. 6 & 7

 

Yesterday I reported that, according to the NFI report, the Probo Koala’s waste almost certainly caused a release of hydrogen sulphide at the Amsterdam facilities of APS, the company to whom the waste was discharged.

Late last night I received some information – not from APS or Trafigura – that cast doubt on one aspect of the NFI report. 

Based on the NFI report, the public prosecutor in Amsterdam last year apparently highlighted the release of hydrogen sulphide from the Probo Koala’s waste but APS stated in court that none of that waste was processed and, therefore, the hydrogen sulphide released did not come from the Probo Koala’s waste.

Even if the APS view is correct, and this is not known yet, my reading of the NFI report shows that the Probo Koala’s waste would have produced hydrogen sulphide had it been treated.

 

There is, therefore, some confusion about what actually happened and I await more information before I can judge the seriousness of the doubt.  Until I get this information I will leave posts 6 and 7 unchanged other than putting in a link to this post.

 

UPDATE 6 Dec@ 17.40:  You may wonder why I flagged up this issue, why didn’t I leave it.

I hope this doesn’t seem high and mighty but truth matters, my integrity matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment