Saturday, 21 January 2012

Music in the Morning No. 231 – Hiromi


Hiromi?  Who?


I hadn’t heard her music nor even heard of her until I stumbled across this video.  I stumble across, fall into, so much fabulous music this way.  I was gobsmacked, grabbed, by her brilliance and sheer exuberance. 

Never!  Absolutely never, have I heard music remotely like this and I mean this in an immensely positive way.


Pachelbel can never have been played like this!

Pachelbel with guts!


After this build-up I would be disappointed if you didn’t love this too but I must be realistic: some will love and some won’t.


Sit back for 8m 30s of ……


Pachelbel: Canon in D                                                                        Hiromi



I did tell you!   Hiromi is brilliant. 


Need to listen to this again?  I can’t get enough of Hiromi!

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Thanks very much Calum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!

    She is amazing!

    Somehow I didn't know you listened to the music posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Occasionally. I am actually a complete piano fanatic, all classical stuff and some jazz. I have not listened much recently though. I go through phases (don't we all?).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually do play it but I can't play it. Mum was a good player and I could spend hours entertaining myself with wild and mad creations, but I can't play anything by anyone else, and so, I guess the short answer, the version of answer I always tend to avoid, is "no".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, love it, love it...

    I actually play the Canon, but never like this. Maybe I should try????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't mind, Calum. I shared this with my Facebook friends. Thank you for the fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew

    Never a 'short' when there is a 'long' :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claude

    She is abs brilliant. Of course, there's no problem with sharing. Blogposts, in general, are for sharing but music like this: tell the rest of the world who haven't found it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In return, I offer:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUhEZOu-kkg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    Forgot how to embed in comments but a copy and paste should work

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great offering, Andrew. Hadn't heard (of) him.

    Will look into his music.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Andrew - As Calum says. Very interesting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete