Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Music in the Morning No. 262 – Vivaldi Once More

 

He’s becoming a regular is Antonio Vivaldi.  Here we have the first movement from his Concerto for Mandolin (or so it’s titled on YouTube). 

What I do know for certain is that this music is from the heavens: no matter how often I listen my hearing is overwhelmed by the vitality, the sheer beauty, the complexity but, perhaps strangely, the unity.  This is magical.  It’s as though my heart strings were being plucked in time to the music.

After this build-up I hope you’re not disappointed.  You won’t be!

 

Vivaldi:      Concerto for Many Instruments RV 558  Movt 1 Allegro Molto


[Europa Galante]

 

Great wasn’t it?

Bet you’re ready to face the day!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous! The players are having so much fun. Wish I could still play the recorder.

    ReplyDelete