Monday, 5 March 2012

Music in the Morning No. 275 – PJ Harvey

 

Another new artist – well, new to me and this series. 

Wikipedia had this to say about Polly Jean Harvey,

Among the accolades she has received are the 2001 and 2011 Mercury Prize for Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea (2000) and Let England Shake (2011)respectively—the only artist to have been awarded the prize twice—eight BRIT Award nominations, six Grammy Award nominations and two further Mercury Prize nominations.  Rolling Stone awarded her 1992's Best New Artist and Best Singer Songwriter and 1995's Artist of the Year, and listed Rid of Me and To Bring You My Love (1995) on its 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list.  In 2011, she was awarded for Outstanding Contribution To Music at the NME Awards.”

In my chosen video, the theme song from the film, ‘The Passion of Darkly Noon’, Harvey asks the question, “Who Will Love Me Now?”.

 

PJ Harvey                                                                   Who Will Love Me Now?

  Who Will Love Me Now

In the forest, is a monster
It has done terrible things
So in the wood, it's hiding
And this is the song it sings

Who will love me now?
Who will ever love me?
Who will say to me
"You are my desire, I set you free?"

(Who will love me now?)

Who will forgive and make me live again?
Who will bring me back to the world again?

In the forest, is a monster
And it looks so very much like me
Will someone hear me singing?
Please save me, please rescue me

Who will love me now?
Who will ever love me?
Who will say to me
"You are my desire, I set you free?"

Who will love me now?
Who will ever love me?
Who will say to me
"You are my desire, I set you free?"

(Who will love me now?)
(Who will ever love me?)

Who will love me now?
Who will ever love me?
Who will love me now?
Who will ever love me?
Who will love me now?
Who will ever love me?

 

 

Harvey leaves the question unanswered but, having recently found faith in God, I could answer.

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Yes, a pity many others put obstacles in their own way to that.

CalumCarr said...

Jesus will only come in when we open the door.

Took me 60 years + to decide I wanted him with me.

JD said...

beautiful
just beautiful
I had heard of her but cannot remember hearing her, not consciously anyway
but...........
that was beautiful

what else have you got hidden up your sleeve? :)

CalumCarr said...

JD

You'll just have to wait and see. I was like you: had heard of but never had heard.