Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Baptism

 

Fourteen months ago, the suggestion that I would be baptised would have brought forth, from me, howls of derision.  I was an atheist and would always be an atheist.  There was no God, there couldn’t be a God.

 

How wrong could I be?

 

Sunday past, I was baptised in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. 

 

Below is the photograph used for the Baptism Service Notes and below that the song I chose to mark my baptism.

Calum and Dog

 

All to Jesus I Surrender                                                 Robin Marks

[It is possible that the video will not play within Blogger but it should be OK within YouTube.]

 

The last sentence of my testimony was,

“I look forward to living the rest of my life with Jesus …. and I could not be happier!”

13 comments:

Claude said...

With tears of joy!

Dear Calum, you'll never be alone again...

With love in Christ!

CherryPie said...

Wonderful :-)

I love your choice of song.

*hugs*

James Higham said...

Better late than never, Calum.

Liz said...

Whoop, whoop!!!

fantastic news, calum.

May God bless you and protect you.

1 John 3:1

Don QuiScottie said...

I am glad to hear you sounding so much more content Calum.

From atheist to believer in one giant leap over my own domain of utter ignorance in the middle. I think I saw the blur as you passed overhead.

Wishing you well for the future.

CherryPie said...

I also enjoyed reading and hearing the post that is no longer here :-)

Don QuiScottie said...

I was sent along to read the post that is no longer here, but by the time I arrived it was no longer here.

Don QuiScottie said...

Just dropping in again to wish you my Season's Greetings (if such a solicitation does not offend nowadays) and hope that you can have a good New Year (not that my hopes will change anything, but the sentiment is genuine).

All the best, "Calum"

Andrew

Claude said...

To you and family, my very best wishes for a joyful Christmas, and a good New Year.

CalumCarr said...

Claude and DonQ

May the Lord be with both of you now and forever.

DonQ, hope "such a solicitation does not offend nowadays :)

Don QuiScottie said...

Thanks Calum :)

JD said...

I'm late as usual...

but que dios te bendiga!





p.s.
took me three re-loads to get some words I could read to prove I am not a robot :(

CalumCarr said...

Thanks, JD.


Had to introduce captcha cos 'millions' of spam comments.

may the Lord be with you.