Monday, 17 March 2014

Am I One of a Kind?

 

I know that politically I’m left wing but, as Political Compass states,

“On the standard left-right scale, how do you distinguish leftists like Stalin and Gandhi? It's not sufficient to say that Stalin was simply more left than Gandhi. There are fundamental political differences between them that the old categories on their own can't explain. Similarly, we generally describe social reactionaries as 'right-wingers', yet that leaves left-wing reactionaries like Robert Mugabe and Pol Pot off the hook.”

I took the Political Compass test today and the results confirmed I’m a left wing libertarian but where does this put me within the political map of the UK?

I put my score on the ‘map’ of the UK political parties at the 2010 general election and ………….

Political Compass1

…………  you can see my closest bedfellows are the Greens but I need to pull them leftwards.

I checked back and found that 7 years ago I was even more libertarian: my coming to faith has changed my views in certain areas but still it feels lonely out there!

4 comments:

  1. I took that (rather approximate) test some months ago and ended up pretty much exactly in the middle of a triangle formed by linking up Liberal Democrat, SDLP and Green, or in other words slightly left and rather libertarian, but nothing whatever like you. Surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very different tho'. I have God and you have Aileen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True libertarians always appear in that Green sector.

    And all Christians who take the test would also appear there. The teachings of Jesus leads to that area of the graph...

    ReplyDelete