Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Another Tom, Tom …..

 

  ….., the piper's son,
Stole a pig, and away did run;
The pig was eat
And Tom was beat,
And Tom went crying
Down the street.
 

 

This Tom - for the first Tom read here -  is Tom Gallacher whose mini-bio in the Telegraph says,

Tom Gallagher spent 32 years teaching politics and casting doubt on seductive cure-alls from European integration to Scottish Nationalism. He is professor emeritus of Bradford University and has published eleven books on European politics.

I’ve never met Tom but he seems a tad prone to exaggeration and that is seen to perfection in his current blog on the Telegraph.  Others will, no doubt, critique his efforts much more fully and eloquently than I (eg see Derek Bateman – here and here - who is criticised by Gallacher).  I make do with just a few lines.

The headline and strap are,

Guardian7 20140424

I could stop here and let that headline define Tom but his first paragraph shows the mind-set of this rabid anti-SNP professor.

Guardian8 20140424

 

Tom, I’m ROFLMAO.  I trust your article was satirical!  Wasn’t it?

No!  Then I’m ROFLMFAO

No comments:

Post a Comment