Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Music in the Morning No. 332 – Luigi Boccherini

 

This morning welcomes you with music of the night …. but what music!

Musica notturna delle strade di Madrid -  Opus 30 No. 6 (G. 324)’ (Night Music of the Streets of Madrid) was written in 1780 (abt) for stringed quintet - 2 violins, cello and two violoncellos - but much more than this the piece is 12 minutes plus of gloriously wonderful music.

There are seven short movements whose descriptions (thank you, Wiki) and timings are,

Blog 1 20140415

[Apologies for using a pic above.  Livewriter wouldn’t give a properly aligned table]

Enough! 

Music!

Musica notturna delle strade di Madrid                      Luigi Boccherini

 

This was much longer than I normally use bit I hope you felt it worth the effort.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. I listened to it twice (and will return).
    First time I hear the entire piece.
    Passe Calla is very familiar. Probably heard it in my youth in students' concerts, at my school of music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember how often I've listened to this.

    ReplyDelete