Sunday, 1 June 2014

Music in the Morning No. 379 – Praise the Lord

 

Lily & Madeleine Jurkiewicz, who featured 1 month ago, return to sing the Lord’s praises this morning.

 

Holy, holy, holy!  Lord God Almighty!

 

Such simple words but each time they awaken our awareness of the greatness of Our Father, the Lord God Almighty, and in me, at least, an awareness of the distance I am from being the person God wants me to be.   I feel not despair but delight not in my failing but in the absolute knowledge that Father, Son and Holy Spirit are with me always; the path, the guide, the light willing me onwards.  Their forgiveness clears the path, their love lights the way and God’s hand keeps me steady.

Father, we worship You with our hearts open but in the knowledge that our dark side is too close.  We kneel down in shame ….

 

Holy, Holy Holy                                                                Lily & Madeleine

 

…. and arise bathed in Your purity.

In the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ, we pray.

Amen

1 comment: