Sunday, 8 June 2014

Music in the Morning No. 386 – Praise the Lord

 

Today the first two lines of Psalm 42 are taken

 

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, my God.

 

and woven into a wonderful song of worship.  But before then I pray,

 

 

Father God, I long for You.
I long to know Your presence
But often I am too closed to be aware
Too often I know, in my head only,
’That You alone are my strength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee’

Too rarely, Father God, do I truly know this
Too rarely, Father God, do I live this from my soul
For I am weak and I wander
For I am lost although well-meaning in my wandering
I am weak and I fail as I try to be strong
For I come when there is nothing else
Too often, Father, You are the last refuge and not the first

Every week my prayer says, 'Too often I don't'       
And 'Too rarely I do'
This is where I am,
This is my place
And from here I pray for Your forgiveness
And for the wisdom to learn and move closer to You

And then I may truly know
’That You alone are my strength, my shield
To You alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee’

 

 

 

As the Deer Pants for the Water                                                Robin Marks

 

Father, I give myself to You.

Amen

2 comments:

  1. Praise God!

    Thank you for the prayer. I printed it, Calum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Claude.

    Bless you

    ReplyDelete