Saturday, 4 October 2014

Music in the Morning No. 398 - Gabriel Fauré

 

Once again, after a break of a few months, this series returns.  For how long none knows but I suspect the days will be few.  Better make the most of this while you can!

This morning there is music from beyond this earth.

 

Requiem op 48 Mvt VII. In Paradisum                          Gabriel Fauré

[Ensemble Musique Oblique, La Chapelle Royale, Philippe Herreweghe and Les Petits Chanteurs de Saint-Louis, Ensemble Musique Oblique]

I heard this for the first time only a few hours ago and I was driven to rstart this series on the basis of this one piece.

3 comments:

  1. Many years ago I sung this with my school choir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this played at my funeral :)
    No, wait a minute. I want it played as I slip away from this mortal coil to guide me on my way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JD,

    Hopefully this won't be played for you for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete