Sunday, 26 October 2014

Music in the Morning No. 419 – Praise the Lord

 

Father, Your Son died on the cross for me.  For those, like me, who feel unworthy of Your love it is incredibly hard to write that first sentence.  I know it is true!  But I struggle not because I doubt You or Your Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord.  I struggle because of me.

It’s easier to say that Jesus died for all of us, that You love all of us, because I’m just one of many but when it becomes personal, when it becomes about me, then ….

 

Antonio Caldara                                                              Crucifixus à 16 voci

[Performed by the Balthasar-Neumann-Chor and Ensemble   Directed by Thomas Hengelbrock]

 

…. how could this Crucifixus fail to move me towards the Lord?

 

Father, I bow down in my shame but in Your Love.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You. Lord Jesus.
    And then You rose to Heaven, and now, hear sublime music sung by the Angels. I can hardly wait...

    Although I'm grateful I have a preview on Earth.

    ReplyDelete