Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Music in the Morning No. 440 - Jimmy Shand

 

Mr Accordion brings his unique style to Scottish Country dancing.  Jimmy, he died in 2000, was a Fifer by birth, but he’ll always be known as being from Auchtermuchty.  Every Saturday night we’d get Scottish country dance music on the wireless and even my young ear could detect Jimmy’s music.

‘Bluebell Polka’ is his signature but more than that it’s been the signature of my beloved Pars for as long as I can remember.

Bluebell Polka / Northern lights of Old Aberdeen         Jimmy Shand

 

Jimmy, you’re music will last forever. 

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. ah, Calum. You are reminding me of my dear daddy - he used to love Jimmy Shand, the White Heather Club etc and I am nearly sure I still have this record in the house somewhere-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhq5HpabEL4

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!!!!

    Not the Alexander Brothers!

    ReplyDelete